Cara was due to come into standing heat yesterday and I noticed she was standing in the afternoon.
I had called Dermot Phibbs from Manor Kilbride earlier in the week to organise some dexter semen for her. When I called him yesterday he told me that the guy from progressive genitics where he was getting the semen told him that dexters have a greater acceptance rate if they are AI ( artificially inseminated) the morning after standing heat.
So with that info we decided to leave it until this morning and Dermot was here at 1000 to do the job. If it has been accepted we will know on the 19th July, if she is not back in heat it will have been a success and we can expect her to calf at the end of March next year. Fingers crossed....